UNIFORM | Save Khaki

When it comes to menswear that we "borrow" from, or buy from to be more accurate, there really aren't that many strictly menswear labels that really, well, work for a woman. I don't mean that just in terms of sizes or things looking boxy in a good way. I'm speaking more to an intangible feeling. But there are a few menswear labels out there where it feels not only OK, but right to shop from and one of them is American-made Save Khaki out of New York. Their collection photos seem to always include women, which is a nice little encouragement to women to buy their clothing, whether it's for them or a gentleman in their life (the clothes might end up on them at some stage, regardless of original intent). I love Save Khaki's neutral color palette of grays and washed blues that create a spectrum of pure Americana. Sure, I wished they made women's clothing, but I'm also grateful that they are doing what they are doing.

Comments

I always look at this label when I'm in New York
Anne said…
Have you heard of Future is the Future? I love the spirit behind it - secondhand/small run clothing that gives sizing for both men and women (and everything in between). http://www.futureisthefuture.com/clothing/
Mamavalveeta03 said…
Save Khaki put a store in Wainscott, but I didn't see it until the end of last summer, so I missed the chance to shop there. Unfortunately, I heard they're not coming back.
Hilohattie said…
i am fond of this label

Popular Posts